Important Information for BBC Motion Gallery Customers
BBC Worldwide, the commercial arm of the BBC, has agreed a global five-year partnership with Getty Images, a leading digital media company, in which Getty Images will represent BBC Motion Gallery, BBC Worldwide’s prestigious video clip sales business. The agreement will see the world-renowned BBC Motion Gallery brand continue, with Getty Images as the exclusive global distributor from 1 January 2014.
We wanted to share this news with our website visitors who might be interested:
“As a customer or registered user on bbcmotiongallery.com, we would like to make you aware of the following:
1. BBC Motion Gallery’s Operations Team will remain part of BBC Worldwide and you will continue to work with the same sales contacts at BBC Motion Gallery who will be moving across to Getty Images.
2. The website, bbcmotiongallery.com, will no longer be available from 1 January 2014. After this date, BBC Motion Gallery content will be available on the Getty Images website, gettyimages.com/bbcmotiongallery
3. If you are registered on bbcmotiongallery.com or are a customer of BBC Motion Gallery, we will be transferring your customer account information to Getty Images unless you have already opted out.
4. Getty Images will be in touch before 1 January with details of how to access your account.
5. We are doing our best to transfer any clip bins you have created on bbcmotiongallery.com to your account on gettyimages.com as lightboxes. Only BBC Motion Gallery owned content will be contained in your lightboxes.
6. BBC Motion Gallery will not be transferring any credit history data to Getty Images. Any new licences, extensions or licence renewals will be fresh contracts with Getty Images on their terms. For client projects started before 1 January 2014, any pre-agreed licensing and billing terms will be honoured.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the BBC Motion Gallery team.”